We’re currently looking for someone to oversee Surf City, our children’s ministry for Watermark, which currently includes approximately 180 children (averaging @ 60 children weekly), birth through fourth grade. We’re looking for a ministry director with a passion to see kids know and follow Jesus. We have a heart for reproduction and investment, which in Surf City looks like investing in and raising up adult volunteers as a team to partner with parents and families. While much attention is given to programming Sunday mornings, the gatherings are merely one piece of the puzzle of inviting families in and sending families out equipped to follow Jesus on mission.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Identify, develop, equip, empower and lead the Surf City volunteer staff, birth through 4th grade.
- Be a visible support to parents and families.
- Bring alignment, focus, and clear strategies to Surf City.
- Lead and collaborate with the Surf City Team's gifted and creative volunteers in selecting a solid Biblical curriculum consistent with the core values and theology of Watermark.
- Establish a plan to provide clear next steps for new families visiting Surf City to get connected to Watermark.
- Address building needs, envision space, develop kid friendly aesthetics, and maintain security to create an inviting, fun and safe environment for growth and expansion to better serve the children of Watermark.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Children's Ministry or related fields, OR has several years of experience leading a children's ministry in a local church.
- Experience working with, playing with and inspiring children.
- Experience with strategic planning, executing, managing, and growing a dynamic children’s ministry.
- Experience developing teams of volunteer leaders who are equipped to run a weekly, thriving children’s ministry.
- Ability to mediate differences using conflict resolution tools.
- Comfortable speaking to groups (both children and adults).
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION