The essence of what we believe can be boiled down to the proclamation that, “Jesus is Lord.”
We believe Jesus is Lord
- We believe that there is one living, true and holy God eternally existent in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Therefore, “the ministry we have entered is the ministry of Jesus Christ, the Son, to the Father, through the Holy Spirit, for the sake of the church and world” – Stephen Seamands
- We believe that God (God the Father) created all things, with the Son and Spirit, and that He loves the world and is actively at work in the world.
- We believe that Jesus (God the Son) was miraculously conceived, born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life. Jesus Christ was fully man and fully God, lived a life of obedience, announced the Kingdom of God, suffered at the hands of men and died on the cross. He paid for the sins of all, was bodily resurrected, and enthroned at God’s right hand as our Intercessor and King. We believe that He will return.
- We believe the Holy Spirit (God the Spirit) comes to live within followers of Jesus. The Spirit empowers us to participate in God’s mission and to live more like Jesus.
- We believe that we were created for relationship with God. We enter this relationship by responding in faith, thanks to God’s grace, and not because of anything we have done.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired Word for us and that it is reliable and authoritative.