Kids Hope is celebrating…
- Our six-year partnership with Rosy Mound Elementary School
- 42 students who experienced the love and care of a faithful mentor
- 42 Watermarkers who received the joy of making a difference in the life of a student
- 42 additional Watermarkers who prayed as prayer partners for these relationships to grow and thrive!
- Our first ever “Frozen Family Fun Night” with all the students, mentors, and families.
Here is what our students had to say about their mentors:
- “My mentor works on reading and writing with me. He plays soccer and basketball and brings healthy treats that I can share with my brother.” (3rd grade boy)
- “She trys to dance to the steps I teach her, and I laugh right out loud.” (4th grade girl)
- “He is funny, nice, eats skittles and taught me how to serve in tennis, and to bank a shot in basketball.” (4th grade boy)
The mentors had some comments about being a Kid Hope USA mentor:
- “Seeing God’s faithfulness and stepping out of my comfort zone. I don’t know who is more excited every week to get together for our one hour because I really enjoy our time together.” (Jeremy)
- “Kids Hope has impacted me in many ways. First, learning to act on a “nudge” from God. Relying heavily on faith that He would provide and that my Kids Hope child would embrace me, provide the words and encouragement that she would need. This opportunity renewed my need to enjoy being – the ability to not always have an activity planned, but to just take time to share, listen, giggle, dream, be silly and enjoy. My life is very planned and scheduled, which does not always allow margin for just being. As much as I am sure I have impacted my new friend, I believe she may have impacted me more.” (Terri)
- “I feel so blessed to be able to be a consistent part of this young person’s life. I’m able to offer encouragement, stability, and most of all, the rewards he gives me when his face lights up with a smile is the best gift of all! “ (Jennifer)
What would you tell someone thinking about being a Kids Hope USA mentor…
- “It’s not a commitment. It’s an opportunity to make a difference that literally takes one hour a week.” (Jeff)
- “Just do it. It will change your life. And in doing so you will make the biggest impact on a child that needs a role model.” (Jodie)
What is KIDS HOPE USA?
KIDS HOPE USA churches give hope to children in public elementary schools through a relationship with a caring adult from the partnering church.
H: Helping to meet the emotional, social, and academic needs of at-risk children by giving them a one-to-one relationship with a mentor from our church.
O: Owned by our faith family. This is our ministry to children and families in our community.
P: Prayer is the foundation for our work. Each adult-child relationship is wrapped in prayer from a behind-the-scenes prayer partner from our church.
E: Elementary school children are our focus. They need mentoring most because they are at that critical time when values are formed, self-esteem is developed and academic skills must be acquired.
In September, there are three little boys who will need male mentors. Could you be the one? Training is provided. If you would like to learn more about Kids Hope, contact Becky Staal.