Dear Watermark Faith Family,
It seems that every day brings greater awareness of the Corona Virus (COVID-19). Watermark is committed to faithfully and fearlessly follow Jesus and his wisdom. So our staff and leadership team have been closely monitoring this situation and we will continue to communicate regularly any changes we make in response to new information. At this time...
- We are suspending all gatherings in person of over 100 people on the request of Governor Whitmer, so starting this Sunday all of our gatherings will be available online only.
- Due to travel restrictions our Ethiopia Trip and the bake sale that was scheduled for this Sunday, March 15 have been canceled.
- As usual, Moto and Verge will follow the school’s cancellation practices. So we will no longer meet until school resumes.
Here is the Good News regardless of this health crisis, or any other calamity that might ever take place:
- God is in control.
- Jesus is on the throne.
- His Kingdom is still advancing and is open to all who care to enter.
- We, as the King’s sons and daughters, get to fearlessly and selflessly share the hope, healing, and wholeness that we have with the world around us.
In Scripture passages like 1 Timothy 5 we see a template of how to care for those most in need.
- We want to be attentive to the needs of our neighbors and at risk populations. As a faith family, we are committed to doing all we can to meet needs that arise, such as picking up groceries or assisting with errands for people at higher risk.
- Childcare, financial stability and resources may become an issue for some during this next season. If you are able to help meet any of these practical needs for your friends, co-workers or members of our faith family during this season please take the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
- If you are in need of assistance or know someone who might be, or would like to help with this effort, please contact Jeff Steele by email at email@example.com
Throughout history, Christians have witnessed to the love and power of Jesus during epidemics and disasters by caring for one another and for those most impacted. This is an opportunity for followers of Jesus to let the light of peace shine brightly in the dark of fear and anxiousness. We urge you to pray regularly for God’s healing power to overcome COVID-19 here and around the world, to grant wisdom to the political and medical leaders tasked to address this pandemic, and for churches, including Watermark, to respond faithfully and wisely.
We pray during this season, the peace of Christ which passes all understanding will be upon you and that the Lord will bless and keep each of you safe.
- Your Watermark Church Leadership Team
You can get the most up-to-date information at the following websites:
State of Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus
Ottawa County: https://www.miottawa.org/health/ochd/
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html