“For the Lord your God has blessed you in everything you have done. He has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing.”
Basic questions to ask yourself before going back into debt:
- What does this say about what/who I am trusting?
- Have I been complaining?
- Can I be content without this expenditure?
Rules of the Land of Just Enough:
- Remind yourself that God loves you and he wants the very best for you.
- The wilderness is a place where character is built. What is God trying to develop in you?
- The wilderness is a place where things die. What is God trying to help you die to?
Practice Contentment – SIMPLIFY:
- If you haven’t worn it or used it in the past year, get rid of it.
- If you buy something, get rid of at least one thing you currently own.
- Stop spending for a month on anything but bills, food and fuel.
- Reduce the amount of time you spend in stores/online shopping.
- Say, “no thanks, I don’t need that” to yourself.
Financial Principles to live by:
- Nothing is a good deal unless you can afford it.
- Before you take matters into your own hands, God wants an opportunity to either provide for your needs or show you that they aren’t really needs.
- Just because you can afford something doesn’t mean God wants you to get it.
- Increased income doesn’t necessarily mean that God is saying spend more. More often, His real message is give more.
What’s your next step?