Dave’s Main Idea:
Take time to show up and say something. Make time to show up for hope. That’s your gift that’s fit for a king.
Tell the story of one of your favorite, most fun trips, adventures, or vacations.
What made that trip so memorable, fun or impacting?
Read Matthew 2:1-12 together
- What’s something new that you noticed about this passage?
- What problems or questions do you have about this passage?
- How does this passage change how we think or how we live?
Time is our most precious asset, and we make time for the things that are most important to us.
- Based on your calendar/schedule, what would you say you value that most?
- What kinds of things do you want to make time for but haven’t been able to?
- What kinds of things are you currently doing that you should probably stop doing because of the time it takes or to make room for something better?
To show up…
Just showing up makes a statement of value.
- Describe a time you (or someone else) did something that didn’t seem like a big deal, but evidently made a significant impact on someone else.
- Where do you feel like it might make an impact if you just showed up?
- How have you seen “just being there” impact you or your family? Were your parents available to you growing up?
- Do you feel like you’ve been able to “be there” for your kids/grandkids/spouse? What does that look like?
“The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry.”
-Proverbs 25:11 (MSG)
We have a staggering capacity to cause things to happen through our words.
- What have been some words spoken to you (positive or negative) that have had an amazing impact on your life? Why?
- How have you seen people in your life internalize positive words that you’ve shared with them? Tell the story.
Where is God shining a light for you to show up?
What would it look like for you to “take time to show up and say something” in that situation or that person’s life this week?
What’s your next step that you need to take to be obedient to what God is asking you to do?